WISE NL, in partnership with the Faculty of Engineering & Applied Science, is proud to host the popular WinSETT Centre Leadership Program. The WinSETT Centre develops and delivers professional development for up and coming leaders tailored to early and mid-career female engineering, science, trades and technology professionals and the people with whom they work. The WinSETT Centre Leadership Program consists of two parts – full day Workshops and 90 minute Skill Builders.
Skill Builders focus on introducing crucial leadership skills in an interactive 90 minute session, whether in person or online. They are open to all genders. For more information on the Skill Builders go to https://winsettcentre.org/leadership-program/skill-builders/.
Skill Builders Special Member Offer
- For members in good-standing, WISE NL will cover 50 per cent of the cost for those who are currently employed and their early or mid SETT career. This value exceeds the cost of an individual WISE NL membership.
- Especially exciting is the fact that those of you who currently fall in the category of unwaged, student or apprentice are eligible to attend sessions for free on a first-come-first-served basis.
Skill Builder Basics
- The regular cost of each session is $75 plus fees and taxes.
- All sessions take place on Tuesdays, at 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM NDT.
- You may select from the list of the available WinSETT Skill Builders as scheduled below. We hope that these options will fit your schedule.
- Click here to apply.
|June 15, 2021||Microaggressions: A Primer|
|June 16, 2021||Working Collaboratively Across Generations|
|June 22, 2021||Mentors and Sponsors|
|June 29, 2021||Working with Challenging People|
St. John’s Workshop Series
Update: Due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, all in person workshops are temporarily suspended.
The St. John’s Workshop Series of the WinSETT Leadership Program is a set of six professional development workshops tailored primarily to early to mid-career female engineers, scientists, tradespersons and technologists in SETT. Graduate students and senior undergraduates have also benefited.
The program, attended by over 1800, has been developed by professionals based on the experiences of women in SETT and grounded in research and practices that work.
Of special note, the first workshop in the series is based on the lived experiences of technical women in Newfoundland and Labrador. It features the book “Becoming Leaders: A Practical Handbook for Women in Engineering, Science, and Technology” which was authored by WISE NL Fellow members F. Mary Williams and Carolyn Emerson. A best seller, “Becoming Leaders” is published by the American Society of Civil Engineers Press and the Society of Women Engineers. The second edition was released in March 2019 and all workshop participants receive a copy.
- Registration is limited to 30
- Early bird pricing
- You can register for all 6 workshops at a discounted rate and receive a certificate as having completed the full leadership series. That’s a 10% discount on the individual workshop cost.
- Individual Workshops are $199 ($99 for Students, Apprentices, or those Seeking Employment).
- Three weeks prior to workshop date prices increase by 20%.
- Employers receive a FREE full series registration for every five women they register in the full series.
Dedication to Dr. F. Mary Williams
|The “WinSETT Leadership Program – St. John’s Series” is dedicated in honour of the memory of Dr. F. Mary Williams, and to advance her commitment to encourage the career development of women in engineering and science. The St. John’s Series is made available in part through the sponsorship of the Faculty of Engineering & Applied Science at Memorial University.|
- 2020 St. John’s Series
- 2019 St. John’s Series
- 2018 St. John’s Series
- 2017 St. John’s Series
- Becoming Leaders: An Introduction to Leadership Skills and Strategies – January 24, 2015
- Mentors, Networks and Sponsors – February 28, 2015
- Navigating the Politics of the Workplace – October 4, 2014
- Effective Communications for Women in SETT – April 26, 2013
- Negotiating for Success – June 3, 2012
- Becoming Leaders: An Introduction to Leadership Skills and Strategies – October 22, 2011