WISE NL is a non-profit organization that has been successfully operating in Newfoundland and Labrador for over 30 years because of the active involvement of dedicated member volunteers.
Acknowledging that non-profit resources are limited, WISE NL focuses on high quality, high impact, and high leverage projects and programs.
Many hands make work light so we also try to manage implementation so that the work that needs to be done can better fit the already busy schedules of our members.
WISE NL is managed by a working board of directors with assistance from committee members.
- The Board provides oversight of the organization to ensure that it meets its mission and is operated effectively and in the best interests of the stakeholders: members, clients, funders, employees, and the community at large
- As a working board, Board members are directly involved in the day‐to‐day operations of the organization
- Board members take on governance, management and, in some instances, working roles
- Five committees provide support for internal operations – Communications, Membership, Operations, Funding, Program Review and Strategic Planning,
Our Programs & Activities
- Student Summer Employment Program
- Indigenous Youth Initiatives
- Mentorship Program
- WinSETT Leadership Program (St. John’s Series)
- Speaker Series
A province where women are routinely supported in their discovery of and success in STEM and where decision makers at every level of the economy and society value the experience and perspective of technical women.
Strategic Goals 2017-2022
- Goal 1: Secure funding and ensure the continued success of WISE NL’s programs and services throughout 2017-2022.
- Goal 2: Enhance WISE NL’s public profile amongst members, stakeholders and the general public.
- Goal 3: Stay relevant to women in STEM fields by evaluating current and future programs (SSEP, IYI, Mentorship, Career Links, Speaker series, Leadership Workshops and Conferences) and review how they meet the goals and expectations of our mission and vision.
- Goal 4: Develop Board training and a succession plan to ensure that as the organization grows and changes the representatives on the board are aware of their roles, responsibilities and expectations.
- Goal 5: Increase and strengthen WISE NL Membership in order to lead the drive to increase awareness, participation, retention and advancement of women in STEM.