Women in Science and Engineering Newfoundland and Labrador (WISE NL) is a non-profit, volunteer-based organization whose objective is to encourage women to pursue education and careers in science, engineering, and related fields. Among our suite of activities, WISE NL offers three primary initiatives: the WISE NL Student Summer Employment Program, the Professional Mentorship Program, and the Indigenous Youth Initiatives Program.
The successful applicant will coordinate all operational aspects required to deliver these three primary programs. The selected candidate will work from the WISE SSEP office located at Memorial University of Newfoundland under the guidance of WISE NL Board Directors.
• Act as a liaison between funding agencies, program participants, other stakeholders (government, industry, university, and agency staff, educators, parents), and the WISE NL Board
• Complete funding applications (with Board Director(s) input)
• Provide interim and final project reports to funders and the Board, with program evaluation as required
• Plan the logistics of delivering the programs
• Supervise daily tasks of seasonally hired program coordinator(s)
• Prepare accounting statements, track expenses, and keep books up to date in collaboration with the WISE NL Treasurer
• Undertake administrative activities including processing correspondence, managing forms and related paper work, preparing newsletters, maintaining a filing system, writing reports
• Promote programs and activities through WISE NL traditional and social media channels
• Report programs’ status to the WISE NL Board of Directors as required
• Undertake other related duties as required for program delivery
The applicant should have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, be able to work independently performing duties that require strong initiative, judgment and enthusiasm. Previous experience working within a university environment, coordinating youth programs (preferably in science and engineering) and/or with non-profit organizations is desirable. Undergraduate degree in science or engineering or college diploma in a related field would be an asset. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered. Other assets include proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, experience with basic accounting practices, website development and maintenance, and social media. The successful applicant will be required to act with minimal day-to-day supervision. Periodic travel is required for programs/conferences.
Salary: $35,000-$40,000; starting salary commensurate with education and experience. Health insurance is provided.
Please submit (Word or pdf format only) a cover letter, current résumé, and three references including contact information to: email@example.com