Seeking Director of Communications
Posted on March 9, 2020
Director of Communications
The Director of Communications works with the Communications Committee and Board of Directors to ensure timely distribution of information that is consistent in style and presentation to constituents through traditional and social media channels.
- Produces the annual WISE NL Annual Summary and quarterly WISE Notes.
- Actively identifies and pursues opportunities to promote WISE NL activities and as an organization.
- Works with other Board members to ensure that WISE NL events and activities are promoted according to established standards.
- Brings recommendations regarding communication policy and standards to the Board of Directors for consideration.
- Primary responsibility for communications through traditional media – radio, television, and print media; including coordination of interview requests.
- Overall responsibility for social media channels – Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Manages the content and use of social media channels in cooperation with the channel-specific team consisting of at least 1 power user, program directors as appropriate, and the Director of Operations.
- Works with Program Directors to identify and set up new communications channels as appropriate; and ensures that proper training is available.
- Provides regular performance analytics reports to the Board regarding social media, website usage, MailChimp, and EventBrite.
- Shares overall responsibility for the following support systems.
- MailChimp – Membership Director, Operations Director
- EventBrite – Treasurer, Operations Director
- Establish Communications Committee – Develop a team of 2-3 trained members to share the overall workload, to assist the Director as needed, and to increase the pool of experienced members for healthy succession planning.
Estimated time commitment:
- 3 hours per month for Board meeting
- Prep time as needed per specific topic
- 2 to 6 hours for the Annual Summary
- (Committee) 1 to 3 hours for each issue of WISE Notes
- (Committee) Promotion of each event or activity depends on the required messaging
Interested persons should send a message to email@example.com indicating their motivation and qualifications for seeking this volunteer position. Applicants must be a WISE NL member in good standing. Submissions will be accepted until the position is filled.