These professional workshops were developed by the WinSETT Centre and are tailored to early- and mid- career women working in science and technology-based sectors. This program is built upon the experiences of Canadian women, has been attended by over 1800 across the country, and is the only Canadian program focused exclusively on women in SETT.
Of special note, the first workshop in the series is based on the lived experiences of technical women in Newfoundland and Labrador. It features the book “Becoming Leaders: A Practical Handbook for Women in Engineering, Science, and Technology” which was authored by WISE NL Fellow members F. Mary Williams and Carolyn Emerson. A best seller, “Becoming Leaders” is published by the American Society of Civil Engineers Press and the Society of Women Engineers. The second edition was released in March 2019 and all workshop participants receive a copy.
- Registration is limited to 30
- Early bird pricing
- You can register for all 6 workshops at a discounted rate and receive a certificate as having completed the full leadership series. That’s a 10% discount on the individual workshop cost.
- Individual Workshops are $199 ($99 for Students, Apprentices, or those Seeking Employment).
- Three weeks prior to workshop date prices increase by 20%.
- Employer receive a FREE full series registration for every five women they register in the full series.
2020 St. John’s Series
- 2020 St. John’s Series – WinSETT Flyer
- 2020 St. John’s Series – WinSETT Overview
- WinSETT Leadership Program Description, Learning Outcomes
- Workshops offered nationally.
Additional bonus for WISE NL members
A discount of $25.00 is available to the first 10 WISE NL members who register for the full series. To take advantage of this member benefit, send a message prior to registering to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a special code.
|January 16, 2020||Becoming Leaders|
|February 20, 2020||Effective Communication|
|March 12, 2020||Emotional Intelligence|
|April 23, 2020||Negotiating for Success|
|May 28, 2020||Navigating Politics in the Workplace|
|June 18, 2020||Networks, Mentors & Sponsors|
|Fees||One Workshop||All Workshops|
|Professional||$199 + HST||$1075 + HST|
|$99 + HST||$550 + HST|
Dedication to F. Mary Williams
|The “WinSETT Leadership Program – St. John’s Series” is dedicated in honour of the memory of Dr. F. Mary Williams, and to advance her commitment to encourage the career development of women in engineering and science. The St. John’s Series is made available in part through the sponsorship of the Faculty of Engineering & Applied Science at Memorial University.|
- 2019 St. John’s Series
- 2018 St. John’s Series
- 2017 St. John’s Series
- Becoming Leaders: An Introduction to Leadership Skills and Strategies – January 24, 2015
- Mentors, Networks and Sponsors – February 28, 2015
- Navigating the Politics of the Workplace – October 4, 2014
- Effective Communications for Women in SETT – April 26, 2013
- Negotiating for Success – June 3, 2012
- Becoming Leaders: An Introduction to Leadership Skills and Strategies – October 22, 2011