WISE NL is managed by a dedicated volunteer Board of Directors – consisting of professionals in the workforce, post-secondary students and retirees – from a cross section of areas related to science and engineering.
Board of Directors
- President – Gloria Montano
- Vice President – Jennifer Jefferies
- Treasurer – Kerri N. Smith
- Past President – Eileen O’Brien
- Communications – Oihane Cereceda
- Membership – Sarah Khalil
- Operations – Esraa AbouAmin
- Records – Meghan Couves
- Outreach – Sareddy Escobar
- Leadership – Valerie Darmonkow
- Mentorship – Chenel Waight
- Speaker Series – Heather Appleby
- SSEP – Kelsey Howlett
- Director Emeritus – Mona El-Tahan
- Director at‐Large – Courtney Harnum
- Director at‐Large – Monawar Shahwan
- Director at‐Large – Rachel Coombs
- Director at-Large – Jennifer Bessell
- Director at-Large – Morgan Chafe
- Director at-Large – Sarah McGuire
- Program Administrator – Clare Graves
Past Boards of Directors
WISE NL is very fortunate to have the support of many employers in the province whose goals and objectives align with the goals and objectives of WISE NL. We recognize and thank this year’s Corporate Members.
2021 Corporate Members
- Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, Memorial University
- Husky Energy
- Fisheries & Marine Institute
- Hollett & Sons, Inc
- Iron Ore Company of Canada
- Nalcor Energy
- Newfoundland and Labrador Organization of Women Entrepreneurs (NLOWE)
WISE NL works with a number of organizations to further our mission throughout the province of Newfoundland & Labrador and the rest of Canada. Listed below are the organization with whom WISE NL works in close partnership.
- WISE US – Women in Science and Engineering, Undergraduate Society is one-third of the Newfoundland & Labrador WISE family and a much valued voice for undergraduate students.
- WISE GSS – Women in Science and Engineering, Graduate Student Society is one-third of the Newfoundland & Labrador WISE family and a much valued voice for graduate students.
- CCWESTT – Canadian Coalition of Women in Engineering, Science, Trades and Technology is a not-for-profit, voluntary network of organizations across Canada that are working together to promote women in science, engineering, trades and technology, and celebrating their contributions to these fields. WISE NL is proud to have been a member of CCWESTT since 1998.
- WinSETT Centre – The Canadian Centre for Women in Science, Engineering, Technology & Trades is a national, action-oriented, non-profit organization that aspires to recruit, retain and advance women in science, engineering, trades and technology. WISE NL partners with WinSETT to deliver the WinSETT Leadership Program, St. John’s Series.
- WISEatlantic – Women in Science and Engineering Atlantic Region aims to inspire girls to learn about science, technology, engineering and math based careers through hands-on activities, and interactions with role models. WISEatlantic offers resources for teachers and parents to teach youth about the diversity within these fields, and provides support to women who use STEM at work through professional development and networking opportunities.
Special membership status is granted to individual who have made outstanding contributions towards the objectives of WISE NL. Read more…